In addition to displaying the time, a railway station or an underground station must distribute a reliable, accurate and secure time to all its equipment.
Indeed, an accurate time allows the railway network to operate correctly: orchestrating departures and arrivals, anticipating delays, informing passengers, and so on. A single time reference must be deployed across all the IT network to synchronise all equipment: clocks, computers, ticket machines, video surveillance systems, radio communications and telephones. In order to meet this need, railway stations and underground stations are being equipped with time servers and specific clocks.
How to display a reliable, accurate and synchronised time in a railway station or an underground station?
When connected to the existing computer network, all the clocks of a railway station or an underground station are synchronised with the time information distributed by a time server. They guarantee a reliable, accurate, secure and identical time display over the entire IT network of the railway station or underground station.
Installed in unlimited numbers throughout the railway station, these NTP clocks are connected to the existing network cabling. They are known for their ease of installation and commissioning. These clocks are connected to the IT network and integrate a monitoring function using the SNMP protocol, which allows the reporting of anomalies and a reduction in maintenance costs while ensuring the continuous operation of each clock.
A time server for ensuring the correct operation of all equipment of a railway station or underground station.
With a time server, a railway station or an underground station can deliver a reliable and identical time throughout its infrastructure and display accurate time information to its passengers. It allows:
- Broadcasting of an identical time on all the clocks installed on platforms, reception points and in the passenger waiting area
- Synchronisation of operational systems dedicated to travel: payment terminals, ticketing, passenger information system
- Accurate timestamping of events, especially for security and video surveillance systems. It ensures the traceability of all events that occurred on the IT network of the railway station or the underground station.
A time server also allows for the operational running of control centre equipment (control and signal boxes), especially due to:
- Accurate and secure synchronisation of traffic control and management solutions
- Accurate timestamping using monitoring systems: detailed traceability of events using log files
With a presence in over 110 countries, Bodet Time supports many railway station and underground station projects throughout the world. Discover our ranges of Netsilon time servers and our Profil 750, Profil 760 and Profil 780 railway station clocks.
Do you need assistance to display a reliable, accurate and synchronised time in a railway station or an underground station?